The New Last-Days Religion
By Mark Swarbrick
There is something happening in the world. Most people are not aware of it. Some people, especially people of faith, sense there is something afoot, but are not clear on exactly what is transpiring. That “something” is the rise of a new world-wide religion. And while it is a new religion, it has its roots in ancient religions of the past, man-made religions that defy the teachings of the Bible.
Bible prophecy has predicted an end-time one-world religion that will arise in the final days of world history. This religion will have a symbiotic relationship with an evil character known as the Antichrist, a world ruler of great power and charisma. Revelation Chapter 17 gives a symbolic description of this religion, portrayed as a vile woman:
“Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk. And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth’s abominations. And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus…And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. They will make war on the Lamb…” (Revelation 17:3-6, 12-14)
There is a lot to unpack there. For those who are interested in a detailed explanation, I recommend my book, End of Days: What the Bible Says Happens Next. Here I shall give a short summary.
The prostitute woman represents a world-wide religion that will arise during the final seven years of this age, a time referred to in Scripture as The Tribulation. This religion is noted for its promotion of sexual immorality. It is pictured as seated upon “a scarlet beast,” which is the Antichrist, indicating their symbiotic relationship. It is also associated with seven nations (the seven heads), indicating the religion’s past history with nations that opposed God’s plan through the Jews. This opposition was evidenced in Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and Nazi Germany. For more on this see my article, Hitler Will Rise Again.
The religion will be associated also with ten European nations (the ten horns) that during the future Tribulation will occupy at least some of the area of the old Roman Empire (Daniel 2:41-45, 7:7-8, 9:26). These ten nations surrender their sovereignty to the Antichrist (Revelation 17:12-13) and at the end of the Tribulation make war, along with the rest of the world, against Jesus Christ as He returns to earth (Revelation 19:19). From the above passage of scripture, we can see six attributes of this coming world-wide religion:
- Promotes Sexual Sins
- Promotes Lawlessness
- A Wealthy Religion
- Has World-wide Influence, particularly with governments
- Is Anti-Christian & Anti-Israel. Murders Christians and Jews
- Associated with the Antichrist
The Antichrist, during part of the Tribulation, rules over the entire earth:
“And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.” (Revelation 13:5-8)
2 Thessalonians 2:3 calls this Antichrist “the man of lawlessness.” Satan in his hate for man inspires all manner of reckless lawlessness and in his hate for God, he inspires man to turn against the moral laws that God has given in Scripture. The Antichrist and the Harlot religion share a disregard for God’s morals.
This religion is yet in the future and won’t fully manifest until after the Rapture of the Church. However, the early markers of this religion and the work of the Antichrist are now on the rise. In 2 Thessalonians 2:7, the Apostle Paul tells us that the Antichrist’s “Mystery of lawlessness” is even now at work in the world. By examining current events and attitudes we can see that the rise of this coming world religion is already beginning to manifest.
Twelve Attributes of the Two Worldviews
The Apostle Paul said that as Christians, we wrestle with demonic powers in the unseen realm:
“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)
These diabolical entities have been working towards Satan’s ultimate goal of world domination. Their demonic influence has been invisibly exerted in all areas of society, particularly in areas of influence, such as government, science, literature, movies, and mass news media.
Much of the devil’s work has been in changing the worldview that people hold. Just as Satan did with Eve in the Garden of Eden, the devil wishes to challenge everything that God says in the Bible. I have delineated twelve changes in worldview wherein Satan has deceived the world concerning key areas of biblical truth. These changes are in line with Satan’s plans for increased lawlessness, the annihilation of individual freedom, and increasing totalitarianism with the eventual goal of one-world government by the Antichrist.
The Christian Worldview
Prior to Charles Darwin publishing Origin of Species in 1859, Christianized nations throughout the world universally accepted a Christian worldview that was in line with the biblical account of creation. That view held to the following tenets:
- Authority: The Bible is God’s Word and as such is the ultimate authority on what is true.
- Morality: Right and wrong are determined by God’s revelation, the Holy Bible.
- Existence: The heavens and the earth were created about 6,000 years ago. Adam and Even were the first people created by God. They were created as adults, fully formed. They were intelligent and fluent in language from the start.
- Nations: The event at the tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9) created the diverse languages and spread humankind throughout the world. They were separated according to their various language groups, giving rise to the numerous people groups (races and nations) around the world. God displayed his distain for one-world government at the tower of Babel. Nationalism – nations with borders – is God’s intention for this dispensation. Acts 17:26 tells us that God Himself has “appointed…the boundaries of their lands” of every nation. Christians understand that the coming Antichrist, under Satan’s control, will violate God’s plan and institute a one-world government with himself as the leader (Revelation 17:12-13). Bible prophecy predicts, that just as iron does not mix with clay, that even intermarriage, immigration, and open borders will fail to unite diverse countries as Satan wishes. (Daniel 2:43-44)
- Sovereignty: God governs in the affairs of men and nations (Acts 17:26) and has control even over the weather. (Genesis 8:22).
- Gender and Marriage: God created humans in two genders, male and female (Genesis 1:27). Throughout time, gender has always been easily and immediately perceived at birth by observation of the genitalia. The reality of only two genders, male and female, is a biological fact. One gender has never been observed to change into another. God instituted marriage as between one man and one woman (Mark 10:6-9). God’s overall plan for marriage is the raising of godly children (Malachi 2:15). Mothers are particularly gifted by God with traits needed for their important role of lovingly nurturing small children (1 Timothy 5:14). Sex is sacred and is reserved for marriage between a man and a woman (1 Corinthians 7:2).
- Mankind: Man was created in God’s image, distinct from the animals (Genesis 1:26). God gave man dominion over the earth. God told Adam and Eve, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Genesis 1:28). God also gave man dominion over the earth’s mineral and oil deposits and other natural resources (Genesis 2:12 & 4:22).
- The Earth: The Earth is not millions of years old. It was created about 6,000 years ago. For more on this see AnswersInGenesis.org. God created the Earth and its resources to last as long as He intends man to be here. God is omniscient and has not failed to know and plan for man’s future needs and activities, for God “upholds all things by the word of His power.” (Hebrews 1:3) Christians do not imagine that the sky is falling. They know God is in control. Imminent scientists have completely disproven the false alarmist doctrines of the cult of global warming. Physicist Siegfried Singer, the Einstein of climate studies and world-renowned expert in atmospheric physics, wrote: “there is no convincing evidence that the global climate is actually warming.” For more on this see my article, Global Warming is a Hoax.
- Judgment Day: Judgment is coming. To reiterate, the world was created about 6,000 years ago. For scientific evidence on this see this article: The 10 Best Evidences from Science That Confirm a Young Earth. Around 4,000 years ago the world was destroyed by God in the flood of Noah. Just as Judgment fell in Noah’s time and the world was destroyed by water (2 Peter 3:5-6), so also this present earth is going to come under judgement. Jesus is returning soon. Today is the day of salvation, for the day is coming when Jesus Christ will return and remove those who believe in Him from this earth and take them to heaven. God’s judgment will then fall on this earth during a 7-year Tribulation, at the end of which Christ returns and executes judgment upon an unbelieving world. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 1 Corinthians 50-54, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). The most imminent danger to mankind is not climate change, it is sin.
- The Israel of God: God has used the Jewish people to bring God’s truth to the world. The Jews were “entrusted with the oracles of God” (Romans 3:2). Jesus said, “Salvation is from the Jews.” (John 4:22). Jesus, the Son of God, was Jewish. For these reasons, the Jews should be honored. The apostles always brought the Gospel first to the Jews of a city before presenting it to the Gentiles (Romans 1:16). Scripture declares concerning the Jewish people, “I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.” (Genesis 12:3). The Jewish people have always been central to God’s plan. God gave the land of Israel to the Jews. Bible prophecy predicted that Israel, after a 2,000-year dispersion, would once again be gathered to their homeland and be reconstituted as a nation. (Ezekiel 37). This happened in 1948. Israel will be center-stage in the coming great Tribulation. (Jeremiah 30:1-9 & Revelation 14) Because of the centrality of the Jews to God’s plan, Satan hates them and he has inspired evil people to attack them repeatedly down through the ages. The Bible says that eventually all of Israel will accept Jesus as their Messiah. Romans 11:26 says, “all Israel shall be saved.”
- Government: Our rights come from God, not government. The role of government is to ensure those rights are not violated. In America, Christians believe our country was founded primarily upon Christian principles. Christians perceive that the blessings of God have been upon America because of our recognition of His sovereignty, and that we abandon those principles at our own peril. Our three branches of government, and the right for the populace to bear arms, were intended as checks and balances against tyranny because the Christian doctrine of man’s sin nature was generally understood, which taught that all men have a fallen nature. For that reason, government must be limited and controlled to prevent totalitarianism. Christians view socialism as a godless philosophy that believes elitist politicians know best what to do with your money. Socialism attempts to solve society’s problems without God. Socialism deceives its followers with promises of free stuff, but ends up giving poverty to all. It is essentially a violation of the commandment, “Thou Shall Not Steal” and ignores the scriptural stipulation “If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.” (2 Thessalonians 3:6-12). It is theft of one’s money and property so that elitists leaders can decide what to do with what is left over after they pocket their “fair share.” Capitalism is the economic policy best reflected by Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 25:24-30.
- Salvation: Jesus is the answer for everything. A living relationship with Jesus Christ that changes the fallen nature of man is the answer for the problems in society, both individually and collectively. Children and their upbringing are under the purview of the parents, not the government. God wants children brought up in the “discipline and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4) There are two destinies for all people, heaven or hell. Everyone will be judged by God for what they did in their life on Earth. Only those who have all their sins forgiven can go to heaven. The only way to be forgiven is by repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ: “Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:12) and “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
The New Worldview
The above precepts were generally accepted by the entire Christian world and were the consensus opinion of Christianized nations for nearly two millennia. However, about 150 years ago there came a paradigm shift. After 1859, the false theory of evolution began to slowly gain traction. In America it had difficulty being accepted by society because the Christian worldview was well established. Conservative Republicans mostly still rejected evolution while Democrats eagerly accepted it. As the Democratic Party gained control over the news media and the public school system, indoctrination proceeded at a rapid pace so that by 2017 about 55 percent of Americans believed in evolution. In 2017 a survey showed 83 percent of democrats believed in evolution, while only 34 percent of Republicans did.
A recent study identified “religious fundamentalism” as the strongest factor leading to the rejection of evolution. In other words, real Christians who had not discarded their biblical faith were rejecting man’s ideas in favor of God’s word. Assisting with this are many scientists (see AnswersInGenesis.org) who have poked numerous holes through the theory of evolution. For more on this see my book, Theistic Evolution: Did God Create Through Evolution?
Belief in the millions of years supposed by evolution directly contradicts major doctrines in the Old and New Testaments. Even the very words of Christ are contradicted by the theory. Consequently, many people who accepted evolution lost all faith in Holy Scripture.
With the dethroning of the Bible in America and other Christianized countries, it was not long before the Christian worldview began to be replaced by a new worldview that held to the following tenets:
- Authority: Man’s “Science” is the ultimate authority, not God’s revelation. The Bible is superstition.
- Morality: Right and wrong are determined by individuals, society and government, not by the God of the Bible.
- Existence: There is no creation. Everything came from nothing via evolution, which took billions of years. All life evolved from primordial goo. Six million years ago man first began to evolve. Humans are descendants of a monkey’s uncle and everything came from nothing for no particular reason.
- Nations: The Tower of Babel is a myth. The first humans were unintelligent, lived in caves and could barely speak. Their language evolved over time. Charles Darwin, the father of evolutionary theory, postulated that some races, particularly the darker colored races, were less evolved and closer to the apes than the white race. Man can continue his evolution by removing national borders, integrating as one race, and creating a one-world government. Then all of society’s problems can be addressed by a collaborative effort and war eliminated. Nationalism is bad and leads to war. Nationalism and patriotism were traits of Nazism and must therefore be suppressed. Americans who are pro-American are an extremist group that hinder the evolutionary progress toward one-world rule and peace under one leader.
- Sovereignty: There is no God in control over anything. Man is here by evolutionary chance and is on his own. Man is sovereign.
- Gender and Marriage: There is no God that created male and female. Gender is an abstract psychological construct that may be fluid and can only be determined by the individual. Marriage is not a sacred institution of God. Marriage is simply an arrangement that can be done between anyone, regardless of gender. Sex is nothing more than just an appetite to be satisfied in any way desired. Children are a burden. They increase the carbon footprint of society which contributes to climate change and therefore they should be aborted as often as possible. If not aborted, the government should provide free day care so that mothers can immediately go back to work outside the home and not be burdened with caring for a baby. Keeping new mothers in the workforce increases the tax revenue needed by big government elites. Homosexual unions don’t produce children and this is good for fighting climate change.
- Mankind: Man is only another animal and has no special place in the order of things on earth.
- The Earth: The Earth is our Mother. Man does not have dominion over anything. Mankind wickedly exploits the earth’s resources, harming Mother Earth. Man’s use of natural resources must be curtailed. This new view of the Earth is a revival of the ancient pagan religion of pantheism, which perceives nature as God. Note how a leftist website assigns attributes of God to nature: “We also know that Nature is everywhere, pervading all things at all times (Omnipresent) and…likewise exhibits a supernal, almost all-knowing level of intelligence (Omniscience), albeit it is an unconscious, or wholly ‘programmed’ one.”
- Judgment Day: There is no coming judgment from God. The earth has been here billions of years and will be here for billions more years. God did not create the world six thousand years ago. The flood of Noah is a myth. If there is a God, He does not intervene in life on Earth. Jesus is not coming back soon to bring this age to an end. The most imminent danger to mankind is not sin, it is climate change.
- The Israel of God: The Jews are making trouble. They invaded Palestine and displaced the Palestinians. All the unrest is the Jews fault. Lies such as these have given rise to antisemitism in the rising new world order. Increasingly biased news reporting distorts the situation between Islamic terrorists in Palestine and Israel. The Iranian backed terrorist organization, Hezbollah, exploits the Palestinian people to foment unrest in order to fuel public sentiment against Israel. Its Secretary General, Hassan Nasrallah, publicly stated a clear genocidal goal: “If Jews all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.” Hezbollah is a sworn enemy of both Israel and the United States. Anti-Semitic terrorists frequently receive favors from the left. Former president Obama gave Hezbollah 152 billion dollars, which was then used to mount terrorist attacks against Israel and America. Just eighty years after Hitler’s holocaust against the Jews, antisemitism is on the rise again, just as Bible prophecy predicted would happen (Revelation 12:15-17)
- Government: Rights come from Government, not God. They are granted or revoked by political leaders in government. The problems of the world can all be solved by a more powerful central government, combined with increased taxes to feed the beast. While the words “totalitarianism” and “fascism” are frequently denounced, the new world order is secretly in favor of exactly those things. Fear and social unrest are useful tools to justify the enforcement needed to subdue individualism which might interfere with societal evolution. The new worldview sees socialism as a means for government to bring about what they call “equity.” This is not the same as equality. While Christians believe that all people are created equal, the new worldview believes that everyone should end up with equal results, regardless of their actions. This they call equity. They believe socialism is that path to bring this about. This idea is very popular with the lazy and ignorant who crave free stuff they do not have to earn. Crooked politicians love socialism because it puts them on top of the food chain. It makes them richer and more powerful. It also appeals to compassionate people who are eager to help the unfortunate and solve world problems, but they have not studied the results nor thought through the ramifications of socialism.
- Salvation: Man must save himself. Government is the answer for everything. Big Government, and government funded scientists, can solve any issue so long as they appropriate enough of money and power. The bigger the problem, the bigger and more powerful government needs to be. Those who believe in the experience of a life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ are religious fanatics known as “fundamentalists.” They interfere with big government. These fundamentalists are an irritating and disruptive element of society. They are homophobic, narrow-minded, science denying, misogynist, white supremist bigots. They promote misinformation concerning climate change, and Covid. They blindly oppose government efforts at socialism, globalism, and one-world government. These fundamentalists are not only a problem for society, but they interfere with the state’s education standards for children. Salvation of our society depends upon laws being implemented and the FBI being commissioned to deal with this dangerous right-wing extremist element.
Apostate Christianity – The New Religion
The coming world religion that rises to prominence during the Tribulation will incorporate the new worldview into its theology. After the Rapture these churches will unite, go fully apostate, and align themselves with the Antichrist. These churches will be Christian in name only and will be ecumenical to an extreme, accepting all the religions of the world as affiliates.
We can already see this happening in a number of semi-apostate churches today. These churches, many of which are older mainline denominations, accept the following lawless precepts of the new world order:
- Anti-Marriage: Not only have many of these churches stopped teaching against premarital sex, they approve of homosexuality and transgenderism, even ordaining such sexual deviates to ministry. They blatantly desecrate the sacredness of marriage by performing so-called “homosexual marriages.” This is in line with the prophesy of her iniquity, wherein it is said that she holds forth in her hand “a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality.” Such churches have indeed held this vile cup out to many, deceiving them into thinking, that if the church approves it, sexual immorality is acceptable in the eyes of God.
- Feminism: Scripture affirms the equality of men and women, but recognizes that they have different roles. The new religion does not recognize these different roles and bristles at the suggestion.
- Abortion: Apostate churches embrace abortion and are politically active in supporting the murder of unborn children. They defy God’s command, “Thou Shall not Kill.”
- Anti-Nationalism: Many mainline denominations support open borders, globalism, and back an ecumenical movement that seeks to unite all faiths, not realizing that “one faith” and “one-world government” are goals of the Antichrist. Patriotic nationalism is increasingly being considered to be a right-wing extremist position. President Biden recently stated in a speech that all Republican voters are a threat to democracy. A number of liberal churches have adopted this stance.
- Anti-Christian: Some mainline denominations are rabidly anti-fundamentalist. Their writings mock the idea of needing to be born again or the need for anyone to “accept Christ.” They have turned against the fundamentals of the faith as laid down by Jesus and the apostles. Some mainline denominations are also anti-Israel and campaign in support of Islamic terrorists. Just as the Antichrist will persecute Israel and Christians during the Tribulation, so also these apostate churches are opposed to born-again Christians and the Israel of God. This is a preview of things to come, when the one-world apostate church will be “drunk with the blood of the saints.” (Revelation 17:6)
- Socialism: Some mainline denominations are openly socialist, even putting the banners of the fascist socialist group, Black Lives Matter on their churches. They have abandoned the true gospel and replaced it with a social gospel.
- Environmentalism: These same churches are fanatics for combatting climate change. They frequently speak of the climate crisis, the need for green energy, and limiting fossil fuels in order to save the planet. Instead of seeing sin as the problem and Jesus as the answer, they see global warming as the problem and big government as the answer. Government leaders are deceived by this cultic climate change message. The prophecy predicted the new world religion would have great influence over the kings of the earth. Revelation speaks of “the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality…” Presidents and Prime Ministers, rather than fulfilling their God-given duty to their people, instead are being seduced by the seductive siren song of the global warming cult.
After the Rapture these churches that are apostate or borderline apostate will lose all the members that are Christian, for they will be taken to heaven. Only the unsaved will be left. It is then that these churches will unite and become the one-world apostate Christian church portrayed in Revelation Chapter 17. Today many Christians who are in some of these mainline denominations have been enlightened to what is going on. They have heard the call of God:
‘Come out from among them and separate yourselves,’ says the Lord, ‘and touch nothing impure; and I will receive you.’ (2 Corinthians 6:17)
Want to leave a comment? Scroll to the bottom of the page.
If you found this article interesting you may enjoy one of my books, available in both Kindle version and paperback. Click the images to get more info and/or purchase:
Read my book: Hidden History: The Real Story of the Democratic Party
Find out what the Democrats have been up to for the past 150 years!
Available in Paperback and Kindle eBook – 200 pages of documented facts!
Available from Amazon for only a few dollars – Click HERE.