By Mark Swarbrick
Obama spoke to the nation Sunday evening on Dec 6th 2015 about the Christmas Party Massacre Terrorist Attack in California. It was evident he didn’t even want to talk about it, for instead of addressing the nation for 30 or 45 minutes as would be expected, he spoke for just a little over ten minutes. Obama did not give any new plan for defeating ISIS, but just gave political spin on why his ideas already implemented are the best. Translation: It’s not Obama’s fault, a notion he had to imply because nearly everyone in the nation knows his lackluster performance has led to this.
A quick comparison between Bush and Obama shows the failure of Obama’s policies on terror. President George Bush kept us safe for eight years after 911 with no attacks on our home soil. In the seven years of Obama’s presidency, we have been attacked here at home seventeen times. Here are the terrorist attacks under Obama’s watch:
Nov 2009 – A Muslim man murders his daughter for being too westernized.
Nov 2009 – Muslim man kills 13 people and wounds 30 others at Fort Hood, Texas. Obama calls it “workplace violence” thus the victims did not receive the benefits they should get for it being combat-related. Survivors are suing to try get back pay and other needed benefits they deserve.
Dec 2009 – A Muslim student murders a professor with a knife while shouting Arabic threats.
April 2010 – A Muslim man murders his mother, pregnant wife, baby and two nieces in Illinois. He said Allah told him to do it because they would not become Muslims.
April 2011 – A Muslim man in Michigan shot his step-daughter because she wasn’t a strict enough Muslim.
Sept 2011 – Two Muslims slit the throats of three Jewish men in Massachusetts.
Jan 2012 – A Muslim gunned down a medical student because he was a Christian and was a friend of his daughter.
Feb 2013 – A Muslim shot two Christians and then chopped off their heads and hands because, he says, the Koran orders it in Ch 8:12, which says, “smite above the necks, and smite every finger of them!”
March 2013 – A Muslim walked into a Christian church during an Easter service and shot his father to death for being a Christian, while shouting, “This is the will of Allah!”
April 2013 – Two Muslims detonate bombs in Boston, killing three people and injuring 264 others.
August 2013 – A Muslim convert went to a hardware store and stabbed the clerk 17 times, killing him. He said he was on a “mission from Allah.”
March 2014 – A Muslim man, inspired by the Koran, murders two men in Texas.
April 2014 – A Muslim kills two men, saying he was doing his small part as a jihadist.
Sept 2014 – A Muslim beheads a woman in Oklahoma because she won’t convert to Islam.
May 2015 – Two Muslims attempt to kill everyone attending the American Freedom Defense Initiative in Garland Texas, but after they wounded a guard, the guard returned fire and killed the two terrorists.
July 2015 – A Muslim shot Four U.S. Marines to death at a U.S. Navy facility.
Dec 2015 – Two Muslims killed 14 and wounded 21 in the Christmas Party Massacre in California.
With such an abysmal record and after being AWOL for over three days after the Christmas Party Massacre, Obama must have felt he needed to defend his performance, so he finally spoke and when he did, he spewed forth one lie after another, which I shall now delineate.
- Obama never mentions the two California terrorists were Muslim. Not once. He just says they were co-workers. Although this is not a lie, it is disingenuous. They didn’t kill because they were co-workers. They killed because they were Muslim. If they were not dead they would be telling us they did it for Allah. Obama uses the word Muslim 13 times, but only to tell us how wonderful Muslims are. He never once uses the phrase Islamic Terror.
- Now here is the first blatant lie: Obama says, “We should not be drawn once more into a long and costly ground war in Iraq or Syria. That’s what groups like ISIL want…if we occupy foreign lands, they can maintain insurgencies for years, killing thousands of our troops and draining our resources, and using our presence to draw new recruits.” That is a big fat lie. “ISIS wants us to send ground troops,” he says? Where did Obama get such a cockamamie idea? I am sure no General told him that. The last thing ISIS wants is for us to attack and kick them out of Syria and Iraq. We had totally defeated them in Iraq. They were demoralized and had left the country and given up. Their recruitment was way down. We were winning, they were losing. Then Obama pulled us out and they took over Iraq. Ground troops is exactly what we need. The country knows it and Obama denies it. Our presence will not draw more ISIS troops, as Obama claims. We will kill them by the tens of thousands. If this was World War II Obama would be saying, “Oh my! We can’t invade Germany. That is what the Nazis want. It will drain our resources. It will cause more people to become Nazis.”
- Obama said, “ISIL does not speak for Islam…they account for a tiny fraction of more than a billion Muslims around the world.” ISIL would beg to differ with Obama on that. They would say they do speak for Islam. Muhammad, if he were alive, would say they speak for him. They are doing exactly as Muhammad did. They are doing what Muslims have done since the start of their religion. They are doing exactly what the Muslim scriptures tell them to. That is why they so easily radicalize other Muslims; they are able to prove it to them from the Koran.
- Obama spends half of his speech trying to convince us that most Muslims are great people. He says that terrorists “account for a tiny fraction of more than a billion Muslims around the world,” and that they are “our friends and neighbors.” Although it would be true that there are some good Muslims, what Obama said is patently false. The majority of Muslims in the world sympathize with the goals and tactics of the Islamic terrorist groups. This is not opinion. This is fact. Look at this webpage and read the statistics: http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/04/myth-tiny-radical-minority/ Here is a small sample: “As of 2009, 87% of Egyptians said they agreed with the goals of Al Qaeda in forcing the US to withdraw forces from the Middle East. 65% said they wanted strict sharia law in every Islamic country. As of that same date, 69% of Egyptians said they had either positive or mixed feelings about Osama Bin Laden. In 2010, 95% of Egyptians said it was good that Islam is playing a major role in politics.
- Obama said, “We also need to make it harder for people to buy powerful assault weapons, like the ones that were used in San Bernardino.” Another lie. Obviously our girlie-man president knows little about firearms. The terrorists used pipe bombs and the guns were AR-15s, which are not military assault rifles. The AR-15 is a sporting rifle. It is chambered in 556/223 round, the preferred caliber for varmint hunting. It is not powerful, as Obama claims. It is not nearly as powerful as most hunting rifles and in fact would be seriously underpowered for deer hunting. It is not full-auto, but a semi-auto, as are many other hunting or target shooting rifles. A true military assault rifle is a full-auto M-16. The AR-15 is the civilian version, which has a similar look and same caliber, but not the same functionality. Military personal would not attempt to assault anything with an AR-15. Just because a gun looks cool does not mean it is more deadly. Obama should sign up with the NRA for some basic firearm lessons before he speaks on what he knows nothing about. Furthermore, if these terrorists didn’t have rifles, they would have made better use of their pipe bombs, possibly killing even more. What is Obama going to do, make it harder for people to buy pipes? And does he actually think terrorists will obey laws or will not still make bombs and get weapons on the black market?Obama gave no new strategy to deal with terrorism in his speech, but merely defended himself and other Muslims.
In conclusion I must point out that everything Obama said is the exact opposite of what needs to be done: Common sense tells us, as have several law enforcement officials recently, that the best means of protection is that we make it easier, not harder, for Americans to arm themselves against terrorists. We also must put boots on the ground and kick ISIS out of Iraq and Syria, and we must watch Muslims carefully, just as we did Japanese-Americans during World War II.