By Mark W Swarbrick
The Mystery of the Antichrist & the Seventh Kingdom
Most Christians know that Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 was a major fulfillment of end-time prophecy. But did you know that something happened in 1933 that was also a very important fulfillment of prophecy? This prophecy has to do with the coming of the Antichrist and its fulfillment may indicate the return of Christ is much closer than we think.
Daniel 8:23 has this ominous prophecy: “And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.” This is the Antichrist, an evil ruler, opposed to God’s people that arises in the last days to rule the world with impunity.
Revelation Chapter 17 gives us a mysterious complex symbolic picture that gives clues to the identity of the Antichrist. The Apostle John did not understand all of the vision but he recorded it as he saw it. Daniel Chapter 12 also speaks of end-time events and in verse 9 the angel says, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.” Now that the last days are so much closer, many of these prophecies are now unlocked and are being understood. The angel said: “None of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.” (Daniel 12:10)
The Apostle Paul told us, “The mystery of lawlessness is already at work…” (2 Thess 2:7). Ever since God’s creation Satan has been scheming against God and His people. God’s plan really got moving when he chose the Hebrews to be his chosen people, to be “a light to enlighten the gentiles.” (Luke 2:32) So as God moved forward with his plan, Satan moved forward with his. The “mystery of lawlessness” is Satan’s plan. The passage we are about to study will give us some insight into the devil’s plans.
Satan has been endeavoring for thousands of years to bring forth a nation to destroy Israel and derail God’s plans. Jesus said, “Salvation is from the Jews.” (John 4:22) Since Israel is central to God’s plan, the destruction of Israel is part of the “mystery of lawlessness.” Whenever you hear someone bashing Israel you are hearing someone influenced, either directly or indirectly, by the mystery of lawlessness, the demonic spirit of antichrist at work in the world. Nations have been hating on Jews and trying to wipe them out for thousands of years. Government leaders today try to solve the “middle-east problem” but they can’t. They can’t because they don’t understand the true enemy is Satan and it is a spiritual war with powerful demonic forces at play. It is the mystery of lawlessness at work.
Over the centuries Satan has endeavored to conger up a nation that would harass and defeat Israel. The study of history shows many such nations and scripture speaks of seven of them in particular. We are going to study Revelation 17:8-11. This scripture speaks of a “beast” which has seven heads. It says, “Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having…seven heads.” (Rev 13:1) This beast represents Satan’s attempts to get nations to destroy Israel. The seven heads represent seven specific kings or kingdoms that Satan uses to do this.
Associated with each of these seven “beast kingdoms” is an antichrist figure, a king that directs the hatred and animosity toward the Jews. Now here is where it gets complicated. Sometimes the scripture uses “beast” to refer to all of these beast kingdoms, and other times it uses “beast” to refer to the king of one of the kingdoms, specifically to the one that will be The Antichrist. By studying the context you can determine which is meant.
Although the Bible speaks of many antichrists coming, it also says that there will be one big one – “The Antichrist” – that will come at the very end of the age. The Bible says he will be an extremely evil dictator, a man of “fierce countenance” with supernatural power. By lies, cunning and military might he gains control of the earth, establishing a one-world government with “authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.” (Rev 13:7) Scripture says “he will destroy to an extraordinary degree.” He is called “the man of sin,” the Beast,” “the little horn,” and “the Antichrist.” Of those days Jesus said, “For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.” (Matthew 24:21)
Clues to the identity of The Antichrist are found in Revelation chapter 17. If you are not familiar with that portion of scripture, you might want to take out your Bible and read that chapter before proceeding. The “beast” in the following passage is The Antichrist. The key passage is this:
Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.” (Rev 17:9-11)
This passage begins with “Here is the mind which has wisdom,” which means we need to put our thinking caps on and think outside the box to decode this passage. The woman that sits on the beast is a false religious system that is associated with each beast kingdom. More about that later. The main point I want you to examine now is that the seven heads represent seven kings. Look closely at verse 9 where it tells us the heads are seven kings:
“The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings…” Rev 17:9
The seven headed beast symbolizes seven “beast kingdoms.” A beast kingdom, as has been said, is a kingdom which Satan has used (or will use) to attempt to annihilate God’s people Israel. It is a kingdom that Satan infuses with his antichrist spirit. John said, “You have heard that Antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come.” Each of these seven empires has had an unholy hatred of the Jew and has taken action to destroy the race. All of them have been intensely anti-Semitic, pagan and worshiped false gods.
Attributes of a Beast Kingdom
- Persecutes God’s People with a strange supernatural hatred
- Characterized by false religion with emperor worship at its core
- A powerful militant dictatorial and cruel regime
The Identity of the 7 Beast Kingdoms
Now consider this line from the passage carefully:
“…five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.“ (Rev 17:10)
“Five have fallen.” This tells us that five beast kingdoms in John’s time had already come and gone. The Five were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Media-Persia, and Greece. All of these kingdoms persecuted Israel and had fallen by John’s time.
“One is…” This means that the sixth beast kingdom existed in John’s time, and that was Rome. Rome ruled cruelly over Israel and in AD 70 destroyed Jerusalem and the Jewish temple. Rome worshiped it’s Caesars, idols and various gods and tortured and fed Christians alive to lions while Roman citizens watched in glee. Roman soldiers crucified Christ on the cross and the Roman empire cruelly persecuted the Christian Church. Daniel 7:7 calls the Roman empire a “beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth.”
“The other has not yet come…” This speaks of the Seventh Kingdom. Now here it gets real interesting. The mysterious coming beast kingdom had not yet arisen in John’s time. Has it come yet?
“…and when he comes, he must remain a little while.” (Rev 17:10)
The “he” refers to the king of the seventh beast kingdom. This is a clue as to the identity of the mysterious seventh kingdom. That kingdom won’t last hundreds or thousands of years. As kingdoms go, it will have a very short life. It will only be around “a little while.” Since this is the seventh and last beast kingdom, when it arises earth will be very close to the end of the age. Has this last kingdom arisen yet? Here are the clues..
The seventh kingdom will be a beast kingdom that comes after John’s time. Remember the 6th kingdom was the one that “now is,” which was Rome. So the 7th kingdom would be a kingdom after the fall of Rome. Since it is a beast kingdom, it will have the three trademarks of a beast kingdom, but being the 7th beast kingdom, it will have a fourth attribute. The 7th Kingdom would be a kingdom that…
1. Persecutes God’s People (Jews or Christians) with a strange supernatural hatred…
2. Characterized by false religion or philosophy with Caesar (dictator) worship at its core…
3. A powerful militant cruel dictatorial regime
4. A kingdom that has arisen for only a short while and then was gone. “…and when he comes, he must remain a little while.” (Rev 17:10)
Have any kingdoms come since Rome that fit the criteria? Can you think of a regime that hated the Jews with unbelievable hatred? A regime, associated with a false religion, led by a fierce cruel deified dictator, whose reign lasted only a little while? Anything coming to mind?
You probably guessed it. The Nazi regime led by Adolf Hitler. Here are the four prophesied attributes of the 7th Kingdom as they manifested in NAZI Germany:
- 1. Persecution of God’s People – Hitler’s holocaust killed 6 million Jews. He hated the Jews with a supernatural hatred. He also hated the Christian Church. He tolerated it and gave lip service to it as he rose to power, but gradually his intentions to destroy the Church became evident. After he was finished with the Jews he intended to start in on the Christians. As he subtly began replacing Christian holidays with Pagan NAZI festivals, Hitler said, “Do you really believe the masses will ever be Christian again? Nonsense. Never again. The tale is finished…but we can hasten matters. The parsons will be made to dig their own graves.” and “It is through the peasantry that we shall really be able to destroy Christianity, because there is in them a true religion rooted in nature and blood.” and “One is either a German or a Christian. You can’t be both.”
- 2. False Religion – The core of NAZI religion was total devotion to Hitler and worship of him as a god. School children were taught to sing, “Adolf Hitler is our saviour, our hero. He is the noblest being in the whole wide world. For Hitler we live. For Hitler we die. Our Hitler is our Lord. Who rules a brave new world.” (See video of German children singing this HERE.) Before Hitler spoke a party leader would announce: “The party is Hitler, Hitler is Germany, and Germany is Hitler!” The NAZI religion or philosophy was Aryanism, with a mixture of occult mysticism mixed in. Their goal was to to breed a super god-man from pure German stock. The god of the NAZI religion (besides Hitler himself) was a pagan impersonal natural god, constituted of the harsh forces or laws of evolutionary nature that gave preeminence to the survival of the fittest which, they believed, gave the German people the moral right to rule the world and exterminate whoever was weaker. Hitler said, “The old beliefs will be brought back to honor again…The whole secret knowledge of nature, the divine, the demonic…we will wash off the Christian veneer and bring out a religion peculiar to our race.” Hitler’s statements reveal a religion featuring Satan’s lie originally fostered upon Eve in the Garden of Eden that man can become God. Said Hitler, “We don’t want people who keep one eye on the life hereafter. We need free men who feel and know that God is in themselves.”
- 3. A Powerful, Cruel, Dictatorship – Hitler’s blitzkrieg, or “lightning war,” featured overwhelming military force that occupied other nations at an alarming rate. Hitler’s fascination with armament knew no bounds and he was infamous for his cruelty. Forgetting to give the NAZI salute with “Heil Hitler!” could get you in a lot of trouble. Hitler’s Nazi Germany was like nothing else. Its rapid rise to power, Hitler’s uncanny mesmerisation of the German people, and its fierce wickedness which took the combined power of the rest of the world to stop, stands unique. More books have been written on Hitler than any other antichrist-type figure that ever lived. Is any face better known than his? Take a picture of Roosevelt, Stalin, Mussolini, Churchill and Hitler and show them on college campuses around the world. Everyone will know Hitler’s face, but not so with the others. It would be strange if such a kingdom as Hitler’s was not mentioned in scripture for he stands alone as something strange and unique.
- 4. A Kingdom of Short Duration – Nazi Germany only lasted 12 years; from 1933 to 1945. “and when he comes, he must remain a little while.” (Rev 17:10) NAZI Germany was clearly a beast kingdom that only lasted a short while, just as the prophecy predicted. The seventh king was Hitler. He fulfills the predictions of the prophecy perfectly. His kingdom was Nazi Germany. In 1933 when Hitler came to power the prophecy of the seventh kingdom was fulfilled.
Let’s read the passage again before we proceed:
“The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come. Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.” (Rev 17:8-11)
Thats a lot to wrap our brain around so lets just consider this one line for now:
“The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction…The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction…”
A Question –
This passage tells us that the Antichrist is one of the seven kings, but yet he is also an eighth king? How can the eighth king also be one of the seven? There is only one way. One of the seven kings is going to reign a second time, thus making him also an eighth king. But how is that possible? How can a kingdom reign twice? Think about it. One of the seven beasts, is going to also be an 8th beast with an 8th kingdom. Somehow one of these beasts is going to have a second coming. Satan often copies what God does. Just as Jesus has a second coming, the Bible is here giving us clues which speak of a second coming of The Antichrist.
Which of the seven kingdoms will also be an eighth? I submit that the 7th Kingdom of Adolf Hitler will also be the eighth beast kingdom, which will be the kingdom of the final main Antichrist of the Great Tribulation. Let me present the evidence.
Another Clue –
“The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss .” (Rev 17:8)
The Antichrist beast comes up out of the Abyss. What does that mean? What is the Abyss? The scripture says about the Abyss:
“’Who will descend into the Abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” (Romans 10:7)
In this passage Paul uses it specifically to mean “the realm of the dead.” This scripture shows that the Jewish mindset was that the Abyss was considered a place for the dead, or at least some dead. However, the term Abyss is also used in another way:
And he said, “Legion”; for many demons had entered him. They were imploring Him not to command them to go away into the Abyss. (Luke 8:31)
In this instance the Abyss referred to is something different than just merely the place of the dead. It is a place where evil spirits may be confined. Revelation 20:1-3 reveals more information about the Abyss:
“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the Abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he threw him into the Abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.”
Not only is the Abyss a place where evil spirits do not want to go but we see in the above passage that it is also a place where Satan will be confined for a time. God can imprison spirits in the Abyss and he can let them out if he chooses to.
What are evil spirits? In demonology, many demonic spirits are considered by some to be the disembodied spirits of the antediluvian giants, the Nephilim which were killed in the flood of Noah. (See Genesis Chapter 6) Demons want freedom to roam the earth, and to inhabit bodies, since they no longer have a body of their own. They can’t do that if they are imprisoned in the Abyss and that’s one reason they dread going there.
In the context of Revelation 17:8 we can think of the Abyss as a place where the disembodied spirits of at least some of the very wicked dead are held. It appears to be a particularly deep and dark recess of Hell which God uses to imprison extraordinarily wicked beings.
Scripture says that the beast comes up out of the Abyss. The question arises, how did he get there in the first place? Who, what and where was this beast before God through him into the Abyss? We know that the Antichrist is a man, the man of sin. So God must have thrown a man, or the soul of a man into the abyss at some point in time prior to him coming up out of the Abyss. All this would seem to indicate that the beast will be someone coming back from the dead, not as a ghost or spirit but as a human being. Either the Antichrist’s body is still intact in the Abyss, (Hitler’s body was never identified conclusively) or (I think this more likely) Hitler’s spirit will come back up out the Abyss and then re-inhabit his resurrected body.
Since Scripture says clearly that the Antichrist “was, and is not, and is about to come up…” and that he has a kingdom for only a short while and then later returns, and that the world is amazed because he is healed from a fatal wound, it all seems to add up to the Antichrist being someone who comes back from the dead.
An Objection –
Some believe that what comes out of the Abyss is Satan himself that possesses the Antichrist, so it is Satan who comes out of the Abyss. That is not possible because Satan is not now confined in the Abyss. He is eventually thrown into the Abyss, but that doesn’t happen until the end of the tribulation. Satan is the prince of the power of the air and he is free to roam at this time. Furthermore, scripture makes a clear distinction between Satan and the Antichrist (the beast). For example: “They worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast…” (Revelation 13:4)
Some say it is a fallen angel that comes up out of the Abyss, and then possesses the Antichrist, but that doesn’t jibe with scripture, which specifically says that it is the beast himself, the Antichrist, the man himself, which comes out of the Abyss. The Scripture says that the Antichrist is a man. Scripture calls him the “man of sin,” emphasis on “man.” Therefore It is a man that comes up out of the Abyss, not an evil spirit.
Now, if a man is in the Abyss, how did he get there? Souls of men are not born in the Abyss. They are created at conception and are in the body. So there is only one way for the beast, the man of sin, to get to the Abyss. He has to be born on earth and then die and then his spirit is confined in the Abyss.
For all of these reasons I think the beast coming up “out of the Abyss” means that the man of sin himself is coming out of the Abyss. God resurrects that man’s body and the spirit of that man is released from the Abyss and that wicked soul is reunited with his resurrected body.
We have seen so far that one of the 7 kings has a second coming: “The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven.” But why do I say that it is the seventh king that is the one that is resurrected and reigns twice?
A Third Clue –
“And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.“ (Rev 17:8 KJV)
The world will be astonished with wonder when they SEE the beast. Why do they wonder? Because they realize that he WAS, and then he WAS NOT and now HE IS!
Now all of the seven kings were, that is they used to exist. All of them are not, that is, they don’t exist today. But one of them will come back to life and reign a second time and everyone will be amazed that he lives again. In order for people to be amazed at that, they will have to know what that king looked like when he reigned the first time. Now consider this: Only one of these seven can come back and have everyone know that he is a former king because only one of these kings existed during the time of photography and television. We know how this one looks and how he talks!
Adolf Hitler was the 7th beast, the “king of fierce countenance” (Daniel 8:23) that was prophesied to come. He is the only one of the seven that can come back from the dead and astound the world because everyone knows that he was and then he was not, and they will wonder when they see that he is again. He is the only one that can fulfill the prophecy such that, “those who dwell on the earth…will wonder when the see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.” (Rev 17:8 NASB) It has been over seventy years since Hitler reigned, yet you can turn on television nearly any day of the week and go to Discovery or History channel and see documentaries about Hitler and NAZI Germany. Hitler is the most infamous man of history. His face and his fierce countenance is recognized the world over as the epitome of evil and he is still worshiped by numerous vile organizations.
Adolf Hitler will rise from the dead, his soul shall come up out of the abyss and be reunited with his resurrected body. Hitler will be the coming Antichrist. In his second coming he will be The Antichrist! He may not be recognized at first. He will have supernatural powers of deception. His true countenance may at first be concealed but at some later point in time he might mimic Christ and have his own transfiguration. Perhaps when he sits down in the Jewish temple proclaiming himself to be God (2 Thess 2:4) his countenance will be fully revealed and show that he is indeed Hitler. Nothing could be more astounding, revolting and frightening for the Jews. Hitler, the architect of the holocaust, will have a statue of himself erected in the Jewish temple. That will truly be an abomination to the Jews, and that is exactly what the Bible calls it in Matthew 24:15: The abomination of desolation.
Although the idea of God resurrecting Hitler sounds so astounding as to be unbelievable, there is precedent. At the time of Christ’s resurrection God resurrected many people from the dead.
“And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.” (M’t 27:51-53)
Scripture tells us in 2 Thess 2:7-8, “he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed…” The presence of the Holy Spirit alive in all believers has been a restraining force, holding back evil. Once the Church is raptured, the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit upon evil is removed with the Church. Then the Antichrist can be revealed and the world will accept him. God will then give the wicked world the man they want. God will resurrect Hitler and the world will be amazed when they see him and say, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?” (Revelation 13:4)
Although some may object that God has never resurrected a wicked man before, we must realize that many strange things happen during the Great Tribulation. Angels fly through the sky declaring God’s truth. Scorpion-locusts sting people and torment them so badly that they try to kill themselves and yet they can’t die. Two Witnesses preach in Jerusalem and fire comes from their mouths to kill anyone who would harm them. Eventually they are killed and then after three days they are resurrected and caught up to heaven. The sea turns to blood. Unprecedented things happen during this time. Jesus said it would like no other time of trouble in history. One of the most wicked men of history coming to life is not out of place in such a scenario.
Seven Beast kingdoms are mentioned in Scripture. A beast kingdom opposes God and His people. The kingdoms are:
- Egypt – Pharaoh (Thutmosis III) enslaved the Jews and he tried to destroy the race by ordering all the male children drowned. See Exodus 1
- Assyria – Exceedingly wicked kingdom and it’s destruction of Israel was severe. In 722 B.C. Tiglath-pileser (See 2 Kings 15:29) took the 10 northern tribes into captivity. (See 2 Kings 17:7-23).
- Babylon – Nebuchadnezzar marched on Israel on 3 occasions – 606, 589 and 586 B.C. He destroyed Solomon’s temple and took the two southern tribes into captivity, and put an end to the rule of King David’s royal reign. This empire was represented in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream as the “head of gold.” See Dan 2:31, 36-38.
- Medo-Persia – In 474 B.C. in the reign of Xerxes, the evil Haman of Persia plotted to kill all the Jews in 127 provinces in Persia. Esther interceded on behalf of her people – Esther 7:3-6. This empire was represented in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream as the “breasts and arms of silver.” See Dan 2:39, 8:20.
- Greece – After Alexander the Great died, his kingdom was divided among 4 generals. It was from one of these 4, Seleceus, who was given Syria to rule. Following him, a very wicked and prideful king, Antiochus Epiphanes ruled over Syria and he was a great persecutor of Israel. He was responsible for sacrificing a pig on the altar, desecrating the rebuilt temple and murdering a large numbers of Jews (Dan 11:31). This empire was represented in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream as the “belly and thighs of brass.” See Dan 2:39, 8:21-25.
- Rome – Several Roman rulers personified the evil persecution of the saints; Nero, Domitian…Titus was responsible for the utter destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD. This empire was represented in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream as the “2 legs of Iron, representing West-Rome and East-Constantinople.” See Dan 2:40-43. Israel was dispersed and not to be restored again until 1948.
- A mysterious kingdom, likely Nazi/Germany – After the Roman empire, John reveals that a mystery kingdom will arise before the final 10-nation revived Roman empire. See Rev 17:10,11. I believe John was prophesying of Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich, who had an unholy hatred of the Jew. The holocaust was a period of extreme anti-Semitism and a time of the most uncivilized acts in history toward the Jewish race. Hitler/Germany only ruled for a short span of time, just as the Bible predicted. The king of the seventh kingdom was Adolf Hitler and scripture says he will have a second coming and when he comes again (as the eighth kingdom) out of the Abyss, that is, up from the dead. He will then be The Antichrist.
Consider how plainly Scripture speaks of the Antichrist coming back to life:
“Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads…I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after…the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.” (Rev 13:1,3,14)
Interesting to note is this: The word “slain” in Rev 13:3 is the Greek word “esphagmenen” which means literally “slaughtered to death.” Young’s Literal Translation reads at verse 3, “And I saw one of its heads as slain to death.” Hitler shot himself in the head while ingesting cyanide poison and then his body was soaked with gasoline and burned. I would call that being “slaughtered to death.” To see a short interview with the Nazi SS officer who burned Hitler’s body, click HERE.
In the past, books, movies and teachings have suggested that the Antichrist would be shot in the head and then very shortly thereafter come back to life, and that this amazes the world. Let’s consider that scenario and I will demonstrate that depiction is not completely accurate. The portrayal of the Antichrist being wounded in the head is not necessarily correct. If you look at the passage closely you can see that it is not the Antichrist himself who is wounded in the head. The prophecy says, in verse one, it is the beast coming up out of the sea that has “one of his heads” slaughtered to death. The beast in verse one is not the Antichrist. That beast is all seven kingdoms together as the mystery of lawlessness. Each head of that beast is a king of one of those kingdoms. In subsequent verses where it speaks of “one of his heads” having a fatal wound, it is referring to one of the seven kings as the Antichrist, which is also called a beast. So it is not speaking of the Antichrist’s head being fatally wounded, it means the Antichrist himself is fatally wounded. I reiterate, it is the Antichrist himself being totally killed, slain and slaughtered to death, not just wounded in the head.
Furthermore the “quick revival” scenario doesn’t fit the facts. If the Antichrist is killed and comes back to life in only a day or so, that does not allow time for the eighth kingdom to also be one of the seven. Remember, the first reign of the seventh king is only for “a little while” and then he returns, coming up out of the Abyss. None of that fits in a scenario where the Antichrist is killed for a few hours or days. But if you understand that Antichrist is killed, or slaughtered to death, during a time of past history, as Hitler was, and then coming back to life many decades later, then suddenly everything falls into place. Also the “quick revival” theory does not really fit the “Was, is not, yet is (or will come)” passages.
A final point is that nearly all views recognizes that the Antichrist has a resurrection of some sort. The prophecy specifically says that the Antichrist “came back to life.” (Rev 13:14 NLT). The only difference is that in my suggested scenario it is not a short term quick revival situation. Instead of hours or days between death and resurrection of the Antichrist, I propose decades of years. A final point is that in ages of modern medicine many people have been wounded severely, even shot in the head, even had their heart stop beating, and were brought back and survived. The quick revival scenario would not be all that impressive to the modern world, not so much as coming back after decades, which would truly cause the whole world to wonder and say, “Who is like the beast?”
So to give a quick synopsis: Four passages of scripture point to the Antichrist being a resurrected man coming back from the dead at a later time in history with a second coming of his kingdom.
1. “The beast that comes up out of the abyss…” (Rev 11:7) – Back from the dead
2. “The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven…” (Rev 17:11) – Second Coming
3. “Was, is not, yet is…” (or “will come”) (Rev 17:8) – Back from the dead & Second Coming
4. “His fatal wound was healed…(he) has come to life.” (Rev 13:14) – Resurrection
Ten Similarities Between Hitler and The Antichrist
If the second coming of Hitler is the final Antichrist, then we should expect to see a semblance between Hitler and what the Bible says the Antichrist will be like. Interestingly enough, there are an astounding plethora of eerie similarities. What Hitler tried to do, wanted to do, and had tendencies toward, we will find in his second coming to come to complete fulfillment.
1. The Holocaust – Hitler killed six million Jews (God’s chosen people) and persecuted and murdered Christians as well. Scripture says of the Antichrist: “Then the beast was permitted to wage war against the saints and conquer them…” (Rev 13:7) The Antichrist will institute a second holocaust.
2. World Domination – Hitler desired to conquer the entire world by war. So will the Antichrist. “The beast was permitted to wage war…and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.”
3. A Fierce Countenance – Hitler’s ferocious face and his angry animated oratories spiced with hatred to the Jews are legendary. The book of Daniel describes the Antichrist as “a king of fierce countenance” (Daniel 8:23)
4. Has a False Prophet – Heinrich Himmler was second in command after Hitler. Himmler was devoted to Hitler and also was fanatically dedicated to infusing the NAZI party with the religious and occult undertones of their philosophy. Hitler spoke of Himmler as being “my Ignatius of Loyola.” Hitler was referring to Himmler’s religious function in the Third Reich.
Ignatius of Loyola was the Catholic priest who founded and commanded the religious order of the Jesuits. The Jesuit priests were bound by a vow of special obedience to the Pope. Hitler’s analogous comparison between Himmler and Ignatius shows both Himmler’s religious position within the NAZI party as well as his special devotion to Hitler. Heinrich Himmler was Hitler’s false prophet. The Antichrist will also have a false prophet. Rev 13:11-18 tells of the false prophet who seduces the world to worship the Antichrist and his image.
5. Revived Roman Empire – Hitler referred to his reign as the “Third Reich.” According to Wikipedia, “Reich is typically used in German to designate a kingdom or an empire, especially the Roman Empire.” The First Reich was the Holy Roman Empire of the German nation, which lasted from the coronation of Otto I as a holy Roman emperor in 962 to 1806, when it was dissolved in the Napoleonic wars. The Second Reich was from 1871 to 1919, when Germany was defeated in WW I. The Third Reich was Hitler’s reign from 1933 to 1945.
The Fourth Reich will be when Hitler returns as the Antichrist. Scripture says that the last beast kingdom of Antichrist will be a revived Roman Empire. (Daniel 9:26 & 2:40-43) Daniel 9:26 calls the Antichrist “the prince who is to come,” and says that the people of that evil prince will “destroy the city and the sanctuary.” That happened when Titus of Rome destroyed Jerusalem in AD 70.
This means that the people of the Antichrist will be Romans. Therefore the Antichrist arises out of a revived Roman Empire, and such an empire is the very thing that Hitler saw himself as bringing back, and he will do it to the uttermost when he comes again. Germany was in the heart of the old Roman empire. Hitler tried to revive it. When he comes again, he will succeed.
6. No Interest in Women – Hitler’s relationship to women was strange. Hitler created a public image of a celibate man, dedicated entirely to his political mission and the nation. He did have girlfriends. Four of them attempted suicide. Two succeeded. Eva Braun was with Hitler for 14 years and they often cohabited during that time, however Eva became so frustrated with Hitler’s lack of interest in intimacy that she asked Hitler’s physician Dr Theodor Morell to give him hormone injections. Eva would complain to her close friends that Hitler gave more affection to his dog than to her. Her jealousy prompted her to kick the dog when Hitler was not around.
Hitler refused to marry Eva, saying he was married to Germany, but relented mere hours before they both committed suicide. Scripture says the Antichrist will have no interest in women: “Neither shall he regard…the desire of women.” Although women desired Hitler and even tried to kill themselves over losing him, he had no regard for their desires. The tendency in Hitler to avoid a normal domestic life will be more pronounced when he returns. (Daniel 11:37)
7. No Regard for Any God – Hitler gave lip service to God in writing and speeches only to fool the public for political reasons. Privately he derided Christianity as a foolish myth. The entire emphasis in Nazism was to extol Hitler as their messiah and fuhrer. Scripture says of the Antichrist: “Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers…nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.” (Daniel 11:37)
8. Honors the God of Forces – In his book Mein Kampf Hitler speaks of the forces or laws of nature in reference to the biological evolution of man, the survival of the fittest, and, he says, these evolutionary laws prove the right of a strong nation to conquer a weaker one. In his rhetoric, he seems to elevate these evolutionary laws or forces to be equivalent to God. Himmler, who some called “Hitler’s witch doctor,” led a mystical brotherhood which devoted itself to strange and elaborate occult rituals. Fortune tellers, psychics and astrologers all sat on the advisory committee of the SS. Large sums of money were portioned off for Himmler’s occult research. When Hitler’s Italian ally, Mussolini, was captured and imprisoned in a secret location, occultists were used to successfully discern his hidden location. Crack SS troops were quickly flown out on a successful rescue mission to retrieve Mussolini. Scripture says of the Antichrist: “But in his estate shall he honour the god of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not…” When Hitler returns as the final Antichrist he will have Satan’s power, but he won’t call it that. He will say, as a highly evolved human, he has learned to “use the force” as they would say in Star Wars.
This God of forces is not a god in the classical sense, since the sentence before says that Antichrist honors no god at all. The “god of forces” is just what Hitler and his regime called god; principles of nature, metaphysical laws to occulticly force their evil will upon the natural world. Young’s Literal Translation calls it “the god of strongholds.” which is reminiscent of Ephesians 6:12, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” and 2 Co 10:4 which tells us that the Christian’s weapons are “mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.” This falls right in line with what the New Testament tells us; that the Antichrist is “the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders…” (2 Thess 2:9).
So to review this point, scripture says the Antichrist does not “regard any God” yet it also tells us he will “honor the god of forces.” Antichrist’s god is an impersonal power that can be appropriated by occult practices. Thus, the Antichrist does not honor “any god” in the sense of a conventional deity – yet he honors the interpretive system of metaphysical esoteric pseudo-science that seeks to relegate the true power of the universe to an eternal force that can be harnessed for personal ambitions. In other words, Satan’s power wrapped in a cloak of occult mysticism.
9. Uses a Foreign God as an Ally – Hitler met with the al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, the highest ranking Muslim political leader in Palestine who was virulently anti-Semitic, being devoted to their scripture which says, “kill the Jews wherever you find them.” Hitler had Al-Husseini regularly broadcast propaganda over Nazi-controlled radio stations. Al-Husseini said the Muslims under his sway “were prepared to cooperate with Germany with all their hearts and stood ready to participate in the war.” At Himmler’s suggestion, Hitler raised a division of Muslim SS. While Hitler used Islam to further his aims he simultaneously planned to invade America. (See Target America HERE.)
The Bible says this about the Antichrist: “He will take action against the strongest of fortresses with the help of a foreign god” When Hitler returns as the Antichrist he will do the exact same thing again. Although he himself has no regard for any god, he will use the help of a foreign god, Allah, to accomplish his purposes. The Antichrist will use Muslims as an ally in attacking Israel and, a super-power that defends Israel (America?). As we see the rise of radical Islam with hate for Israel we can see all the players falling into place and we realize how close we are to the end.
10. The Religion of the Third Reich and 666 – The religion of Nazism had a three-fold center upon man. First and foremost, Hitler was their god. It was all about him. Everyone had to greet one another with Heil Hitler or risk death or imprisonment. Secondly, the German people were the master race. They had descended from gods from the heavens that had inhabited mythical Atlantis. Third, they were going to engineer a race of supermen. They intended to create the Ubermensch, which translates as over-man, beyond-man, or superman.
To accomplish this they merely had to exterminate inferior races and individuals while manipulating the gene pool through control of who is allowed to mate. The Nazi plan implemented eugenics programs designed to improve the genetic quality of the human population through forced sterilization and abortion of those considered inferior. The Nazi’s Lebensborn program encouraged single German girls of “pure blood” to mate (not marry) with SS officers who were selected for their especially Aryan pure blood in order to provide more highly evolved offspring. Hitler said, “It is my ultimate aim to perform an act of creation, a divine operation, the goal of a biological mutation which will result in an unprecedented exaltation of the human race and the appearance of a new race of heroes, demi-gods and god-men.” The Antichrist will take this to a whole new level, putting himself forward as the example of the next level of evolution and he will have a breeding program that is literally out of this world.
The Mark of the Beast
Now consider the mark of the beast: 666. Revelation 13:18: “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.” The beginning phrase, “Here is wisdom” tells us this is a riddle to solve. Indeed it is the mother of all riddles. It is, to borrow a phrase from Winston Churchill, “a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.”
The number was originally penned in Greek and looks like this: χξϛ and it is transliterated as Chi–Xi–Stigma which are the numbers 600, 60 and 6. Lets not add them and make six hundred sixty six, as is usually done. Instead, lets take them individually, as a triad of numbers. Scripture gives us a clue, “the number is that of a man.” Man was created on the sixth day. In scripture the number 6 represents man or mankind.
So consider that each of these three numbers represents a man or men. Remember that the philosophy of Hitler’s regime was centered on three groups of men – Hitler, the German race, and the soon-to-be created super-race of men that they intended to make. So think of Hitler as the single fuhrer. He was the 6 (Stigma or ϛ). The German or Aryan people were the 60 (Xi or ξ). The superman race they wished to breed to take over the whole world would be the 600 (Chi or χ).
When Hitler comes back as the Antichrist he will have a new breeding program. He will promise to alleviate sickness and prolong life through the creation of a superman race, claiming this is the next step in human evolution. He will claim his demonic super powers are an example of the new man. Scripture says “God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie…” (2 Thess 2:11). This will be Antichrist’s big lie, built upon the foundation of the theory of evolution.
The Antichrist’s program will be much more extensive and diabolical than Hitler’s first attempt. Through the help of supposed benevolent aliens, who are actually evil spirits, he will encourage strange genetic manipulation, perhaps once again through fallen angels interbreeding with humans as in Genesis Chapter 6 (See my article on that HERE). Daniel 2:43 may indicate this when it says, “they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men…” He will promise miraculous health and wealth to those who follow him and declare their allegiance to him and his plans through taking the mark of the beast.
Consider the increase in UFO sightings, the interest in paranormal activity, Hollywood’s promotion of the idea that alien life seeded earth with the DNA instructions to trigger man’s evolution, the constant promotion of evolution, and the indoctrination of our need to use space travel to reach a new world due to supposed global warming destroying this one. When you take all that together, it is easy to see that Satan is laying the groundwork for the Antichrist’s master plan of deception.
To recap, in the Antichrist’s second reign, the 6 (Stigma) is the Antichrist, the 60 (Xi) will be those who follow him and take his mark, and the 600 (Chi) represents the Antichrist’s promise that we will mingle our seed with the aliens (fallen angels) and become a super-race that will (he will say) travel to the stars and rule the universe. Satan was the first to pompously say, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars…I will be like the most high…” (Isaiah 14:13-14). Antichrist will promise the stars to mankind if they worship him.
Antichrist is said to be “a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences” (Daniel 8:23). Young’s Literal Translation has it, “understanding hidden things.” It may be that due to Hitler’s soul being confined with demons in the Abyss for a time, he comes back as Antichrist with an otherworldly intelligence and understanding of quantum physics and dimensions that allows him to manipulate reality through Satanic power which he will use to sell his big lie.
There seems to be a correlation between Hitler and the mark of the beast and 666 (or 600, 60, 6). Both Hitler and the Antichrist have an occult religion that is man centered, first upon Hitler or the Antichrist, Secondly upon the Germans or Antichrist’s followers, Thirdly upon all of mankind being a super-race or the Antichrist as the example and leader of all men to rule the universe.
This interpretation of the 666 is my own idea that came to me as I studied and prayed. I have not seen it suggested anywhere else. Whether it is correct, I do not know. I submit it to the judgment of the Church and put it out there for everyone’s consideration. In any event, the correlation between Hitler’s plans and what the Antichrist will likely do is interesting to ponder.
The Woman Who Rides the Beast
While we are considering the religion of Hitler and the Antichrist I must say a few words about the woman who rides the beast. Revelation 17:3,16-17 says: “I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns…And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will…“
The ten horns represent the revived Roman Empire which will be a ten-nation confederacy that is led by the Antichrist. The woman represents false pagan religion in each of the beast kingdoms. In the eighth kingdom of Antichrist this will manifest as an end-time worldwide religious system that is associated with a great city. Antichrist will at first have a symbiotic relationship with this world-wide religion, probably for political reasons. This church will claim to be Christian, but will be completely apostate. Scripture says the Antichrist can’t come “Unless the apostasy comes first…” (2 Thess 2:3).
We see the forerunner of this in mainline denominations that ordain homosexuals, deny the accuracy of the Bible and promote an ecumenicism that seeks to include Muslims and is willing to sacrifice biblical truth in order to unite the churches into one organization. This tendency coalesces after the Rapture into an apostate one-world super church. With all Christians gone from all Catholic and Protestant churches they will come together as one great religious organization which cooperates with the Antichrist. Nevertheless Antichrist still hates her for the simple reason that she represents Christian history and still carries the Christian name. It is a challenge to Antichrist’s power so he destroys her.
Interestingly, Hitler had a similar attitude to the largely lukewarm Christian churches in Germany. He tolerated them, worked with them and they with him. Nevertheless, Hitler had plans for their destruction at some point. Of the Christian ministers Hitler said, “If I ever have the slightest suspicion they are getting dangerous, I will shoot the lot of them…we have no sort of use for a fairy story invented by the Jews.” The same strange antithetical dichotomy existed between Hitler and occultists and astrologers. His regime was infused with them and used them, yet later Hitler turned on them and put them in concentration camps.
Change Times and Law
Daniel 7:25 says, “He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law…” The NIV has it, “try to change the set times and the laws…” Hitler tried to change Christian holidays to pagan Nazi festivals and he instituted what came to be known as the Nuremberg Laws. These laws were designed to preserve the supposed Aryan purity of the German race by controlling who could marry. For this Germany copied the laws passed by the American Democratic party to prevent blacks and whites from marrying. They simply substituted the word “Jewish” for “Negro.”
The Antichrist will no doubt attempt to alter the world’s calendar, which counts time from the advent of Christ, for he will absolutely hate that. It can be expected that any holidays with any Christian history will be outlawed. Laws that support individual freedom will give way to laws that support a hive mentality centered upon one-world government and worship of the Antichrist.
In conclusion, I reiterate, that if it is true that Nazi Germany was the seventh kingdom, a major end-time prophecy has been fulfilled, which makes us realize that our Lord’s return may indeed be very close! As Jesus says in Luke 21:28, “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”
“Understanding the present time…The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently…not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ…” (Romans 13:11-14)
Who will follow Hitler in his second coming? Practically the whole world and you can see the world turning increasingly antisemitic. Once all the Christians are raptured, no one will be left that even cares what Hitler did to the Jews. When the war ended in 1945, John F Kennedy wrote:
“Within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived. He had boundless ambitions for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made.” – John F. Kennedy ‘Prelude To Leadership – The European Diary of John F. Kennedy – Summer, 1945. Regnery Publishing, Inc. Washingon, DC. p 74
The last words of Hitler to his aid, Heinz Linge, just before he killed himself are ominous. He had informed him that he was committing suicide and that his followers should “break up and scatter to the West.” To which his aid replied, “For whom should we fight now?” Hitler, in a monotone voice, said, “Für den Mann der kommt nach mir” which translates, “For the man who comes after me.” Was Satan speaking through him of the coming of his Antichrist?
Below is the comment section and I encourage comments and discussion on this in the spirit of mutual respect and Christian love. I will be the first to say that I may be mistaken about many things I have written in this article. Prophecy is sometimes a complicated riddle to solve. I have written it as I see things now. I will look forward to hearing the ideas and comments of others.
The Mystery of the 7th Kingdom
Video Compiled by Mark W Swarbrick